Old July 22nd 04, 03:36 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: Bush Flew Fighter Jets During Vietnam
From: (WalterM140)
Date: 7/21/2004 9:09 PM Pacific Standard Time
Well, I joined the Marine Corps on my 18th birthday and my recruiter told

me
not to worry about it.

That's not the same as you claimed originally. What Marine unit were you

in?

My claims have been consistent.

I was at Parris Island from 11/12/73 to 2/11/74. I had ten days leave and
seven days transit time before I had to report to Intantry Training School at
Camp San Onofre -- Camp Pendleton.

Here's a picture I took from San Onofre of Mount Mother****er in 1974:

http://members.aol.com/walterm140/mountmother****er.jpg

I graduated from ITS on 4/12/74. I had a follow on school at Portsmouth --
the Sea Duty Indoctrination Course. That was a 4 week course. From McGuire
AFB I flew to Rota, Spain and joined the Marine Detachment of the U.S.S.
Simon
Lake.

Here's a picture of the Lake:

http://www.beachrealty.com/simonlake/as336.jpg

Here's a picture I took in the Marine Detachment in 1975. That's Tye Wright
and FiFi King in the foreground. In the left background is Gunnery Sergeant
Carlos Hathcock. Gunny Hathcock killed 93 men in Viet Nam. Some of his real
accomplishments were fictionalized in the movie "Sniper."

http://members.aol.com/walterm140/mardet75.jpg

Here's a picture I took on a CAX at 29 Palms in 1983:

http://members.aol.com/walterm140/cax84.jpg

Here I am at the Marine Corps Ball in 1983:

http://members.aol.com/walterm140/oki83.jpg

Oh. Here's a picture of my Porsche 928:

http://members.aol.com/walterm140/porsche928.jpg

Is that enough?

Walt

What percentage of those on this NG who challenge your service ever volunteered
for anything, much less the Marines?

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at: