Old June 18th 04, 12:30 AM
Thomas Schoene

Rob Mohr wrote:
Aviation Week & Space Technology, aka Aviation Leaks & Weakly,
reported several weeks ago that the Boeing Canard/Wing dragon fly
prototype crashed during a test flight. If I remember correctly, the
crash happened during the transition part of the flight, hover/cruise.

Here's an article on it. The spokesman says it was in helicopter mode, and
had not begun transition testing. OTOH, they may have been shifting from
vertical to horizontal flight in helo mode.

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/business/8788981.htm

"Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when
wrong to be put right." - Senator Carl Schurz, 1872