Old February 21st 05, 05:29 AM
jphoenix

Steve,

There was an NPRM about one year ago that stated the FAA registry in
OKC was going to get tough with people who did not sign the
registration forms. They would just send the forms back period. That
means only that the registration you sent in un-signed was not, and
never was, valid.

You can search the Federal Register website if you want to read it, but
it's pretty boring.

To fix it, you fill out another one, sign it, send it in with another
five bucks and that's the end of the story. The new, signed, pink copy
of the registration is good for 90 days.

If you do not have the new permanent registration after ninety days,
call OKC and stir up some dust, then fill out a new registration form,
**sign it** and that's your new, pink, temporary, registration. For
another ninety days.

If the registration form (temporary, pink in color) is un-signed and
you get ramped - well, bad day at black rock.

Moral of the story is to sign the registration.

In the past they Okeeday City registry folks, (nice people really)
ignored the fact that some were un-signed and simply processed the
registration anyhow. Somebody got in trouble because of some lawsuit or
something and that was the end of that.

Nothing more complicated than that. Even us Feds have trouble with the
Federales - ask me about the shenanigans with my IA someday.

Jim Phoenix

Steve Leonard wrote:
I got a bounce-back from the FAA when I tried to register my newest
sailplane acquisition. Seems I did not sign below my written name on
the Application for Registration. My bad. I printed my name and

sent
it back to them.

I got a call this evening from the gentleman I bought the plane from.
It seems he got a letter from the FAA saying they understood he had
sold the aircraft and as a matter of National Security, he is to send
in the old registratioin withing 20 days of receiving the letter.

I do not yet have the registration with my name on it, nor did the

FAA
issue me a letter to keep with the plane to be a temporary
authorization to continue operating the aircraft. We both suspect

the
old registration is in the plane (as it should be), as he did not

keep
it and I do not have it with any of the other papers for the plane.

So, have any of you sold an airplane in the last two or three months,
not sent the registration in saying you sold the plane, and gotten a
letter saying you must return the registration "To Preserve National
Security"? Or have I made their "special" list?

Steve Leonard