Old June 24th 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Lowrance 2000c 1.7 update (also AirMap 600c)

Excellent post. It's very helpful to know when these updates are
available. Having just done the 1.6.0 update, I might not have looked at
the Lowrance site for months -- I did not experience the instability
problems that you described, however.

I would definitely like to have the altitude information with the trails,
and I will also make this request to Lowrance.

AirMap 600c users: update 1.3.0 was released on June 12.

- Steve

Greg Copeland wrote in
news
Just a heads up. The 1.6 software update (5/26/06) did nothing but
crash my 2000c when trying to use the terrain database. It also
caused random crashes when using various menu items (e.g.
enable/disable airmap). Updating to the newly released 1.7 release
(6/23/06) cured the problems for me! Obviously the 1.6 release has
some serious bugs; regardless if you are experiencing them or not.

I strongly suggest everyone running 1.6 consider an upgrade to the
latest 1.7 release, if you have not already done so. The fact that
the release notes for 1.7 look like the notes from 1.6, to me,
suggests it's nothing but a bug-fix and stability release. Based on
this assumption and the fact it made my 2000c usable agaain, I
strongly suggest you upgrade from 1.6

Also note there is an update notification service available at the
bottom of the page. If you own a Lowrance product, I highly recommend
you sign up for it. It's a great service. The direct link follows.
Lastly, I have not noticed any new spam from subscribing...your
mileage may vary.
http://www.lowrance.com/software/Upg...grades.asp#sub

Greg