Old June 25th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Lowrance 2000c 1.7 update

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 18:22:10 +0200, Thomas Borchert wrote:

Greg,

Or did I misundertstand you?

You did, or I misassumed. I thought you had an older unit without the
terrain. Those units can be upgraded to have the terrain.

Oh I see. Yes, I bought my unit with the 1GB terrain upgrade. I agree
it's worth the upgrade price.

Speaking of terrain updates...one of the things I've always wondered about
was updates to the terrain database. As the terrain database includes
things like radio towers, tall buildings, water towers, etc... we know new
towers are built all the time. Anyone know how they plan on updating the
database? Do they plan for this to be a subscription service (I hope not)
or simply no updates at all? Anyone know?

Greg