Old November 24th 09, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
JohnO

Default Zyglo T62 compressor and turbine wheels

On Nov 16, 9:26*am, "Stu Fields" wrote:
Just completed checking the wheels of 84 Surplus Solar T-62 turbine engine
sets of wheels for cracks. *Only found two turbine wheels with small cracks.
No cracks found in the compressor wheels. *These engines seem to be quite
sturdy. *We started several and looked at vibration levels with a vibration
analyzer and checked the balance of a couple of sets of compressor/turbine
wheels on a two plane balancer. *I also was able to run my engine on Eagle
R&D's Dyno and found it to run good, take a load and run with a low
acceptable vibration level. *The engines do suck fuel tho...

84!

Nice to know there's still a good supply of these great little
turbines about.