Old April 11th 06, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Flight planning software

I have issues with Golden Eagle also that I have worked with CSC and
they turned me to Jepp. Still not resolved. Good ol' Cirrus works so good.

Chris Ehlbeck wrote:

Ross Richardson wrote:

I know I can do that, but according to AOPA this program should pick
up the winds aloft and calculate your flight plan. The "tech" that I
have talked to said it worked fine for him on the same route that I
have been experimenting with.

Ross

Chris Ehlbeck wrote:

Ross Richardson wrote:

Harry,

Do you have any problems with AOPA RTFP giving you a plan without
winds. I cannot make the program use the winds. I can go to the
weather tab and use all the features there. But in the plan flight
mode, it just will not go out and get the winds as necessary. I am
working with AOPA on the issue. Currently, they are stumped. Until
then I continue to use Cirrus 5.0 in the internet mode.

Ross
KSWI

Harry Gordon wrote:

I don't know if this is the one you are talking about but you might
take a
look at the one on WWW.LANDINGS.COM . Also, if you are a member of
AOPA they
have one that is not too bad. I use the AOPA one all the time.

Harry
PP-ASEL
San Antonio, TX

"GE" wrote in message

Recently, I found a link to a very simple, yet useful flight planning

sight.

If I recall properly I was able to enter the departure and
destination
airports, and it calculated initial heading, distance, etc. I
believe that

saw it here. Anybody know what I'm talking about? Thanks in
advance for

your

help.

Ross,
I saw this somewhere else. Click on the course "line" and then right
click on the course line. You can then pick properties and you can
input the wind data from the briefing. The drawback is that it uses
those winds for the whole flight.
Chris

It seems I've never been able to get it to import the winds
automatically either. Which is why most of the time, I'll use Golden
Eagle.