Old March 9th 15, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Movses

Default Flarm IGC files on non-IGC certified Flarm?

I'm somewhat confused with the functionality of the flarm core in regards to producing flight traces.

I was never able to obtain a trace from my Flarm Core Pure.
I put the usb drive in, turn it on, wait for the light to settle to green, turn it off, pull the drive - nothing.
Updating settings from the drive does work, so I'm reasonably confident that the drive is being recognized.

Now, the unit does not have the IGC certification enabled. Originally I thought it simply meant that the traces produces would not be properly signed to be recognized as valid, but now I start questioning whether a non-IGC enabled Flarm produces logs at all?

I don't need to use the Flarm as a logger, but I did want to feed a file to the range analyzer to evaluate antenna placement.

Does anybody have an experience with this?

Thanks,
Movses