Old December 14th 05, 11:29 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav,alt.satellite.gps,rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.piloting

Default New GPS Visualizer featu "range rings"

Adam Schneider (that's me) wrote:

Hmmm. I just looked up the definition of TFR (I'm not a pilot myself)
and learned that maybe I should add a couple lines of code to recognize
nautical miles as units, since that's what the FAA uses. What's the
usual abbreviation for those? NM?

Done, by the way. I looked up Nautical Miles on Wikipedia, so you can
now enter a radius as "NM", "n.m.", "nautical miles," or even "knots,"
and it should be recognized. (I know a knot isn't a measure of
distance, but what the hell, why not? No pun intended.)

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/calculators

Adam