Old November 26th 04, 05:13 AM
Jose

The 90/270 has a tremendous advantage when making turns and remembering
where to turn.

The system is called the 'sum of the digits'

Take any number of the heading indicator and add all three of
its digits and keep adding until you get a single digit... (math snipped)

Cool piece of math (even more interesting =why= it works, and how it translates into other bases). However, to find my entry, I just look at the DG
and pick the number that's off to the side. I turn there, then turn opposite onto the course. No math needed. The ten degrees one way or another
doesn't make any difference.

Jose
--
Freedom. It seemed like a good idea at the time.