Old September 1st 08, 10:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Herman

Default Ren Yenc

"Oviedo" schreef in bericht
yEnc is an encoding scheme, not a graphics format. It can be used
to post any type of binary. It's primary advantage is a reduction
in the as-posted size of a file by some 39% over the more common
Uuencode. It seems that the most often cited reason for universal
hatred of yEnc is that Outhouse Depressed doesn't support it, a
rather weak argument at best.

--
HP, aka Jerry

Don't be a fop or a blooter, make only pithy comments on Usenet

Speaking of weak arguements - I have seen examples of the same post in jpg
and ynec formats and the 39% doesn't hold water. Maybe 3.9%, but no where
near 39%.

And besides: With todays connections (whispers: broadband), who needs these
stupid compression programs?
Just post your pictures as is, of course after getting a decent provider who
will offer you a broadband connection. To all you yEnc fans: wake up to the
21st century. You don't have to use dial-up connections anymore. I have
broadband. Next month I will be connected to a glass-fibre network that is
being installed in the whole town I live in, so my connection speed will be
even higher. Stop farting around with your stupid encoding end get a useful
provider.

Regards,
Herman