Old July 11th 05, 11:10 AM
Peter Duniho

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
[...] However, the pilot's crass name calling upon learning
the pneumatic female passenger had been flying with her seat belt
unfastened,

I forget the exact word he used, but it was hardly offensive, and certainly
was completely genderless. It might not be something you'd say to a
complete stranger, but to a person with whom you're comfortable, it was a
light-hearted, gentle ribbing.

and his comment about his performance under pressure later
that night were a feeble attempt at whit at best, if not outright
chauvinistic.

Again, I fail to see how his comment about his performance under pressure
could be construed as chauvinistic. It in no way made any attempt to
belittle his passenger's gender; if anything, it was self-deprecating.

Likewise the seat-belt exchange in no way implied that the problem was with
the gender of his passenger.

Aside from that, I found the video to be the best
promotional piece I've seen to date. It is certainly several orders
of magnitude superior to the insipid 'Be A Pilot' TV commercials.
People who are able to afford aviation would actually be tempted by
the glamour and expediency of flight portrayed in this video.

One would hope. That said, it must have cost a pretty penny to produce, and
I would be surprised if it's getting very much airtime beyond its original
airing, if any at all.

Pete