Old February 10th 05, 01:10 PM
John Miller

Dudley Henriques wrote:
Thanks much Pete. This training manual supposedly says that the 51 can't
hold a slip due to aileron or rudder issues that make it straighten out
if the pilot tries to hold it in a slip.
I've done hundreds of slips to both sides in this airplane and never had
such an issue. I'm assuming the training manual was written as an aid in
transitioning low time pilots into the high performance 51, as the dash
one specifically states that slips are not an issue.

Just guessing here -- if a slip (in the P51) approaches a stall, is its
behavior particularly treacherous?

--
John Miller
email domain: n4vu.com; username: jsm(@)