Old February 10th 05, 02:30 PM
John Miller

Dudley Henriques wrote:
The Mustang, having a
laminar wing can stall more quickly than say an aircraft with a higher
cambered wing.
To eliminate pilots bending the sheet metal, it is usually recommended
that slips in the 51 end at or above 200 feet AGL.

That was kind of my question, which I probably phrased poorly, that is,
wouldn't the laminar wing give significantly less warning pre-departure
compared with, oh, say, a Stearman, which lots of the WWII guys learned
to slip in? I believe you said that you'd done slips in a Mustang,
which shows it *can* be slipped, and suggests that the warning may be
more cautionary than indicative of a technical difficulty.

Best regards,
--
John Miller, who doesn't like to do slips in ANY aircraft below 200'
AGL, actually...