Old July 30th 07, 03:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

Default Free yEnc plugin for Outlook Express

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 16:51:31 -0400, "Glen in Orlando"
wrote:

Ok... I'm not interested in getting into a fight over this yEnc crap. Up
front.. I think that those who insist on
posting in that format have personal issues beyond what will ever be
understood here.

Thaty's truly hilarious in view of the frothing at the mouth I';ve
read from some of the anti-yEnc crowd. And it ignores everything I
said. I posted in it because that's what PowerPost uses these days. I
was not and am not on a jihad. I was not even aware of the yEnc
controversy because I only download pictures from this group--I don't
read discussions (until this week, at least!). Now please explain
just what you think my issues might be, based on that. Then perhaps
you can explain why not one single yEnc opponent could nicely say
"would you please post these in UU encoding?" There always had to be
an added snide comment, or going on about what "the group has
decided", or whatever. Even the original response to me from Maple !
was not exactly kind, though to be fair, he had no way of knowing that
I was unaware of the issue.

The Internet is often an uncivil place. But I view it sort of like
living in New York City, where abrasiveness is met with abrasiveness,
and people survive anyway because it is the expected mode of
interaction. Just remember, though, at least where I'm concerned, I
do give as well as I get, and I simply won't be bullied..