Old April 22nd 18, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Scott Perkins

Default Spratt 103

On Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 3:50:28 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I'm interested in building a Spratt 103, see www.spratt103.com. I like to hear from anyone with specific information about it's flight qualities, based on the actual experience of flying one or observing its flight.
About 200 plans have been sold world wide and as it isn't a 10 year build, surely some are now flying.

I followed this design closely about ten years ago when it first became popular
and as far as I can remember the designer never actually finished the blueprints
and my belief is that a 2nd machine was never built and plans were never actually sold. I agree the photos were exciting way back then but I have never seen any evidence of real progress being made..... For that matter I am not sure we ever saw the 1st prototype fly either. All photos were on the ground at airshows etc.

I am curious why you say 200 plans have been sold as I am not aware of it
but if they were we need to hear from someone that owns a set to see actually
how complete and realistic they are.