Old January 13th 05, 03:25 PM
Mike Rapoport

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:AlvFd.4154$OF5.3311@attbi_s52...
It seems that there are some remarkable deals out there for 200 mph used
Glasairs, but I would hesitate to buy one simply because I wouldn't trust
the workmanship.

What's the consensus on this issue? Is this a valid fear, or -- as some
have told me -- does the workmanship on the average home-built meet or
exceed that of the average Spam Can?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

I wouldn't be afraid to buy one but I would consider taking a building
seminar for the model being considered or at least one with the same
construction technique. I would also look for quality touches like
nutplates instead of rivnuts. Also look for things like tefzel wire, nylon
temninals, neat wiring and fluid lines. Basically you want an airplane that
was built with care and not on a low budget. The homebuilts that I have
seen are all much higher quality than spam cans.

Mike
MU-2