Old August 5th 03, 10:33 PM
Casey Wilson

"Roger Long" om wrote in
message ...
Ah, I smell a philosophical difference. Since I'm not flying over

trackless
wastes, have Loran, GPS, VOR's, finger on the sectional, etc., the plan is
just that, a plan. Like a battle plan, it starts to degrade at first
contact with reality.

The purpose of the spreadsheet is to give me the best prediction of fuel
burn, arrival times, and initial headings that can be generated a couple
hours before leaving for the airport. The probability that conditions

will
change significantly is fairly low. Even lower is the probability that

the
..
..
We are on the same page, so to speak, even with minor philosophical
differences. I guess I'm seeing you doing the reinventing/replowing/(other
metaphors) thing. What's wrong with the free service from DUATS? It
doesn't look like an Excell page, but like the Ragu commercial says: "It's
all in there."
Perhaps the problem is I begrudge using my time that way. With that
aside, I volunteer to beta-test the spreadsheet should you ask.

Regards,

Casey