Old November 30th 04, 12:24 AM
Mark James Boyd

Default Please e-mail EAA and ask them to include gliders in Sport Pilot

I'd like anyone with interest to e-mail EAA at

asking why they haven't included gliders in their list of
Light Sport Aircraft, and why their literature doesn't
address gliders in the Sport Pilot summaries.

I've been in touch with the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA)
here in the USA, and they haven't seen much interest from the
"soaring community." Please e-mail them and encourage them to
promote gliders in their Sport Pilot and Light Sport Aircraft
publicity.

I know there are a lot of experimental glider owners, and
the Light Sport Aircraft maint. section will likely affect you
if you have a glider with Vne below 120 knots. Here is your chance
to affect the course of forming regulations...

And for you glider manufacturers (Bob K., Greg Cole, SZD USA,
Pipistrel, etc.) you may want to get a finger in the pie as the
LSA glider "industry consensus standards" are written. I'm
told at the recent ATSM meeting for LSA, all LSA categories had
representatives EXCEPT gliders.

Write EAA and tell them you are interested in their promotion of
gliding.

Cheers!

Mark J. Boyd

P.S. The Soaring article is done, and should appear in Feb 2005.
If anyone has SZD 50-3 Puchasz or Bocian photos with caption, I'd
still like them. Please e-mail me a web link to them, as my anti-spam
filter will bounce e-mail that has big files otherwise...
I can also give another e-mail to interested parties...
--

Mark J. Boyd