Old July 11th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

Default piper cargo twin crashes in eastern washington

I was planning to fly to Bozeman, MT next weekend for fishing, but this has
my wife saying a definite no-way to my flying out there. She does have
somewhat of a point though. I just got checkout out for my complex rating,
and will have at best, 4 hours of time in type as PIC before going on this
trip.

What airplane?
Statistically, you are more likely to have an incident with less than 10
hours in type, but I think it depends more on total time and familiarity
with other aircraft. However, as you mentioned, you are new to complex,
there are factors you may not yet be familiar with.