Old March 27th 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ZL

Default NMEA+vario+ASI data stream for WinPilot Pro

Tuno wrote:
When I send data to my PDA from a flight playback in SeeYou, my
WinPilot Pro complains about lack of vario data and tells me to run
WinPilot Advanced instead. Since it's the Pro version I want to test
and practice with, I need to find something besides SeeYou that will
stream to the PDA the same set of data it gets from the 302.

Has anyone done this? Is it possible to record the data stream on the
PDA while running WinPilot at the same time?

~ted/2NO

GPS Gate ( http://franson.com/gpsgate/ )can record the data stream and
pass it on to WinPilot at the same time. In fact I have a couple log
files from last year where I did just that. It can also play them back
for you and feed them back into WinPilot through your serial, or
ActiveSync USB port. I'm not sure WinPilot Pro will start up correctly
just feeding it the recorded nmea stream unless your license is tied to
the PDA instead of to the 302. Pretty handy tool. I can mail you a 302
nmea log file if that would help.

-Dave