Old October 20th 19, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default History Question About U.S. Tasking

On Sunday, October 20, 2019 at 11:47:46 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Hi Cindy,
I remember when you, your sister and Doug were the SSA, back when Hq was in LA! Thanks for your service and for a lifetime dedication to soaring!
I turned 85 in August, but I’m not throwing in the towel yet, still get a surge when going over the hill and there’s 2 guys in our club that are older than me! Having trouble reading the numbers on my SN-10, so I made all the important stuff double size on my custom page, like altitude + -, time remaining, time to finish what I have dialed in, etc.
Bet I’m the only guy on ras with 50 hours in the B-29!
Feeling older than dirt,
JJ

Ralph Woodward

11:53 AM (0 minutes ago)

to rec.aviation.soaring
Hi JJ, I just turned 84 in June - keep blazing the trail - I am right behind you -
so far you have blazed a great path - thanks -
WU