Old March 6th 10, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Jim Wilkins

Default "Vanishing American Air Superiority"

On Mar 6, 12:51*pm, frank wrote:
..
Not to mention I'd trust Ed on scene far more than some throttle
jockey watching screens at Nellis. Or Yeager.

I've heard this we can do it unmanned before. Some stuff, maybe.
Dumping manned fighters for UAVs. Stupidity. And you know what, when
we need manned fighters in the future, its not a matter of going to
wal mart and taking 2 of them.

Never mind fighters, AI and remote control aren't nearly good enough
yet to drive a bus in city traffic.

jsw