Old January 26th 13, 09:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Orval Fairbairn

Default GA aircraft windshield question

In article ,
Matt C wrote:

Hi, I have not been able to find the answer to this question just from
Googling the words / terms, so I signed up here to ask directly.

I've noticed in some general aviation aircraft, like the Beech Baron for
instance, there is a small, square area in the center of the front
windshield.

What is that area? Is this some kind of heads up display or a heated
area of window or what?

I've highlighted the area in question in the green square in the picture
included.

Thanks for your help!

|Filename: beechcraft_baron_g58-04.jpg |
|Download: http://www.aviationbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=62410|

Deicer.