Old December 2nd 15, 02:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Edwin Johnson

Default CFI vs FBO owner?

On 2015-12-02, Teacher wrote:

Wondering if other CFIs would offer insight here.

My solo student was in the pattern at an uncontrolled field. Second solo

flight ever, calm day, no pattern traffic. Insurance requires a CFI to

Would you care to provide any reply or reference here that I can later

share to this fellow?

If my reading 'between the lines' of this is correct, you will probably not
gain anything with another confrontational approach to the FBO manager nor
'modify' his behavior in such a matter. I agree that his actions were
probably unwarranted and could be excitable for a student, especially a new
solo.

I would probably approach this from the other side and speak to the student
regarding remaining calm in such a situation, that unofficial people (read
would-be traffic controllers) on the unicom can sometimes be helpful and
other times not very helpful. But the most important thing to remember is to
remain calm and first 'fly the airplane'. I'm sure you have already taught
him about being very observant for traffic, especially near an airport,
visually scanning all the time for such.

....Edwin
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes
turned skyward, for there you have been, there you long to
return."-da Vinci http://www.kd5zlb.org