Old September 9th 18, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default stowing horizontal stabilizer on tail boom in trailer

On Sun, 09 Sep 2018 09:20:28 -0700, C-FFKQ (42) wrote:

Pictures of my boom-mounted stab.:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7vnlgujvt...Irl4jO-itjlIa?

dl=0

Disclaimer: I don't use a boom mount - my Libelle's stab is carried in a
frame made of square steel tube and mounted on the trailer floor, but
there are a number of boom-mounts round my club - and they all look more
like an extension of the tail dolly, i.e. they close round the tail boom
immediately in front of the fin, can't jump off the boom or slide forward
along it.

So, if I was making the sort of tailplane mount you want, I'd start by
making or buying a tail dolly kit and modifying that.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org