Old August 18th 03, 03:41 AM
Mark T. Mueller

That's exactly why I would rather just be able to buy the frame and use my
own components. I would love to take a Montague frame and trick it out with
a plush fork and TruVative crank set with Eggbeater pedals and an ultralight
Mavic/XT wheelset... But by the time I put the parts I want on the Montague
frame, I am looking at almost doubling the cost :-(

You would be amazed how many times I see bikes from a "specialty shop" with
too loose of a chain, or poorly adjusted cables... You would think for over
$500 you would get a properly set up bike!!!

"Mike Noel" wrote in message
Mark, I have one and have ridden it a bit. I'm still waiting on a nylon
case before trying to carry it in my Archer. My impressions so far are

that
1. You need to be competent at adjusting brakes and derailleurs since the
factory doesn't get it quite right 2. It folds relatively easily and I
think I will be able to pass it through the front door to get it into the
baggage compartment and 3. It will probably turn out to be a decent

bike,
although not as good as my similarly priced Rock Hopper.

--
Regards,
Mike

"Mark T. Mueller" wrote in message
Anyone have these? I am looking at the Mountain Bike version. I don't

care
much for the components (since I typically "roll my own"), but Montague
refuses to answer my emails about just buying the frames so I can build

decent bike around it...

SOOO, I am just interested in anyone's personal experience with these

bikes,
how easy they are to throw in and out of your aircraft, and how useful

they
have been when traveling.

TIA

Mark