Old December 22nd 05, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Least favorite ATC instructions... ... ...

Repost, but I can still remember hearing this over the radio while at
Lawrenceville, GA....

"Cessna 1234 go
around NOW!!! YOU ARE LINED UP WITH RUNWAY 7, YOU WERE CLEARED TO LAND
RUNWAY 25, 25 IS THE ACTIVE RUNWAY, RIGHT TURN, GO AROUND NOW!!! I HAVE
LANDING TRAFFIC 25!!" (this guy was rightfully ****ed and obviously
rattled) Then he issued a right turn and a go around to traffic landing 25
and lit into the Cessna driver again. "What were you doing? why were you
landing runway 7, I cleared you #2 on 25" The Cessna pilot must have
responded with some excuse about a mistake and the controller came back
"mistakes are what get people in airplanes killed, next time you make sure
you know where you are! Now join a left downwind for Runway 25, that's
runway 25, traffic at your 3:00 opposite direction, a Piper on an upwind leg
for runway 25, I said runway 25!"

Nope, I wasn't the driver of either airplane, I was already on the ground.

Jim

"caleb" wrote in message
oups.com...
My top three a

1) "TAKE IMMEDIATE EVASIVE ACTION!"

2) "Execute Published Missed Approach WITH OUT DELAY, and hold at the
outer marker"

and as Ben Jackson said:

3) "cleared to land on any runway"