Old November 11th 09, 04:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Ash

Default How do most of you pilots set up a flight plan and what nav-aids do you use.

In article
,
Bob Nixon wrote:

My ex-brother in law took me up for a glider towed ride near Fremont
Ca. mission peak (known to have good thermals) and the experience
seemed very natural with less fear than a small powered airplane.BYW,
dad's company in the 50's in Omaha before we moved to the SFBA owned a
plane and as a kid I frew in in many times. I think it was a Cessna
150 or similar.

I always like to say, with no engine there are simply fewer things to go
wrong. And of course with a 40+:1 glide ratio it's a lot easier to stay
within gliding range of a landable spot than in a typical light airplane.

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth