Old June 5th 20, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul[_11_]

Default DG-303 spar issues - puchase?

On Friday, June 5, 2020 at 3:48:51 AM UTC-4, MQ wrote:
I appreciate the kind words from Mike C. about MQ that I have listed on W&W after well over a decade of flights. I flew it after two-seaters, a 1-26, Libelle and Discus. I think that new glider pilots have some great options in the Discus/DG300/LS4 category with automatic hookups and nice (perhaps read as Cobra) trailers. These ships seem much friendlier to me than other ships new glider pilots get stuck in.

Friendly and Comfortable- I did not fly mine for 18mos and was able to zoom around at 108km/h dry on my first flight for a couple of hours. I love the friendly wing (perhaps read as fat) and the relatively large rudder with outboard aileron positions that make it roll much faster than the Discus. I like the DGs so much that I am hoping to finally step up into another as I planned so many years ago when I thought I should continue to build hours in the DG300 first (perhaps read as not having enough coin).

It seems like there are many options for anyone in the market now. I will not be too sad if this means it will be another decade of flying my DG300. I would like to add some complexity and glide points now that I have added another 500hrs of experience though.

Thanks, everything I've heard about the DG-300's has been what I expected. You're right, there are so many for sale at the moment, and I think I'll make a decision soon.