Old March 2nd 12, 01:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Sunlight readable Oudie - get yours upgraded!

Hi,

I'm very exited about this new sunlight-readable Oudie. The original
Oudie's were extremely popular for many reasons: great SeeYou Mobile
software pre-installed, airports and airspace and vector maps for most of
the world pre-installed, non-volatile memory (it doesn't lose its memory if
the battery gets low), large display in a small package, power/data cables
and cradle included, etc. The only complaint I ever heard about the
original Oudie was that we all wished it could be brighter. It was already
brighter than other color PDAs and PNAs. But now it is much, much brighter.
The price in the USA for the new units will be $600.

The great news is that all existing Oudies can be upgraded to the new
screen. The upgrade must be done in Slovenia. I will be accepting Oudies
here at my office for bulk shipments to Slovenia to reduce shipping costs.
The upgrade price is $240. I think that is quite reasonable considering you
will get a unit back that is easy to read in sunlight - with all the great
features of the original Oudie. Please don't send your Oudies to me yet
because upgrades won't be available until mid April.

I'll have details and photos on my web site later today. You can pre-order
the new Oudie now, he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/seeyou.htm

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Andrej Kolar" wrote in message
Hey group!

We are very excited to announce that a Sunlight readable Oudie will
become available shortly (mid April) and maybe even more significantly
that we went into considerable trouble and will be be able to upgrade
your old Oudie too!

Full news announcement is he
http://www.naviter.si/content/view/148/1/lang,en/

We will be happy to discuss it here on r.a.s. as well.

Cheers,
Andrej Kolar
--
glider pilots use