Old January 18th 04, 04:12 PM
James

Many folks in our club complain of weak brakes in our G103. I did
some investigating and talking to other people familiar with the G103
and learned that the master cylinder is a BMW motorcycle part and that
a full resevoir of fluid makes a noticable improvement in braking vs.
filling to the minimum line visible in the inspection window.
Unfortunately, the screws to remove the resivoir cap were corroded and
"welded" in place so I could not test this theory myself. You'll need
a small mirror to see the window as it is installed near a bulkhead.
Also, it seemed on our ship that the braking lever on the master
cyclinder could move further back and apply significant more braking
force even when the spoiler handle was deployed in its full back
position. The swage that activates the brake mechanism seemed too far
forward IMO to reach maximum braking pressure.