Old February 25th 05, 09:18 PM
Matt Whiting

Alan wrote:
On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 06:33:36 -0500, Matt Whiting
wrote:

I like to tour on a motorcycle. It certainly isn't the safest way to
get from point A to point B, but it is very rewarding.

But, would you make that journey to point B in a pitch black night,
with no headlight or tail light?

I'm not risk averse, I'm stupid averse.

No, because that would constitute riding with broken equipment. I
wouldn't fly a single at night in IMC without cockpit lights or radios
either, but I will and have with all equipment working. Sure, if the
engine quits it will be ugly, but that is a very remote possibility and
one that I accept every now and again if the trip is important enough.

Matt