Old May 3rd 21, 12:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Default Hawk Wind

On Monday, 3 May 2021 at 14:26:10 UTC+3, Matthew Scutter wrote:
On Monday, May 3, 2021 at 3:53:58 PM UTC+10, krasw wrote:
On Sunday, 2 May 2021 at 08:58:35 UTC+3, Matthew Scutter wrote:
You need to get a used Air GlideS someday.

Actually I flew about 1000 hours with one and found it no better than my CAI302 or even my Winter.... I did not take it across to my new panel. Yes, I read the installation manual, adjusted all the calibrations, I even tried a remote install on the CG above the spars, far from any metal or electric fields, yes I read the myriad of unofficial PDF alternative operating instructions. Glad to hear it worked for you though.

Having heard this story from other pilot who really did everything possible to make it work, it is possible that there are just units that are not working correctly. Such a shame. I did one installation of ISU behind wings in fuselage, running pneumatic lines, can etc. there, quite an effort.