Old October 20th 04, 02:03 PM
The Raven

"M Pengelly" wrote in message
Hello,

I've just 'inherited' an old wooden propeller and would like to know if
possible, something about its past. On it are two metal plates. One
reads:

DRG NO
DH5220 MR23
GIPSY MAJOY
D6' - 4" P.4' - 6"

Sounds like it's from a Gyspy Major.

And the other on the other side of the hub reads:

MAY 1940
K2973
69871

I've made a few investigations and believe that the prop is from a Tiger
Moth.

Sounds like it.

But the serial K2973 if that is what it is, relates to a Hawker Hart.
So, is the serial number incorrect, or did the Tiggie have a run in with a
Hart with that number? I'm none the wiser, but am hoping that someone out
there, might be able to tell me more about this propeller.

I look forward in hearing your suggestions and would appreciate if
possible
an email could also be sent, as I'm not a regular user of the Internet.

Martin Pengelly
Cornwall, UK

--
The Raven