Old December 24th 05, 11:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Intersting tidbit about the Miami seaplane crash and fuel reserves

"Paul Folbrecht" wrote in message
They're an air carrier, aren't they? All such operations are conducted
under IFR.

I've been leaving KFLL when I was IFR, getting a clearance, and when Chalks
was ready to depart with passengers, and I know they departed VFR. Now
granted that was early '90s, and things may have changed since. Sometimes
they departed VFR and sometimes they departed IFR, at least from the airport
I flew from and worked at.

--
Scott

Today, the sons and daughters of those earlier appeasers have taken up
where their parents and grandparents left off. - Burt Prelutsky
http://tinyurl.com/coplb