Old January 30th 07, 09:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Default Neptune at Dubbo

Boomerang wrote:
It sure had a radome when it was old LG-11 from VP-18.

I'm not sure I follow you there on this one. This particular
airframe was delivered new to the RAAF in '62.

Interestingly trivia time the RAAF bought this Neptune as 61-49079 from
the USAF. At the time, foreign air forces couldn't buy aircraft directly
from the manufacturers, but had to go through the relevant service.
When they were replaced, the Orions were purchased through the USN.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton