Old August 28th 08, 01:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Whiley

Default From the other side of the world

HEMI-Powered wrote:

HEMI-Powered wrote:

What exactly does "the darker side of the world" mean?

You can't be serious!
I hardly think that the reference was to
cloudy skies, it was clearly a transparent reference to our country
being portrayed as evil, but tolerable just long enough to snap
some pictures before going back to a place of enlightenment on the
other side of the pond, and frankly, the more rebuttals I read the
more I feel this great country is being maligned by the very people
who benefit from their relationship with us economically,
politically, and militarily (for protection against a strategic
threat).

Having spent the last three months living with the same lighting
conditions as can be seen in most of Glenn's photographs from
Waddington, Duxford, Farnborough and Coventry, it just seemed more
likely that the comment referred to the part of the world where the
photographs were taken than to a different part of the world entirely.

I do agree that the comment owed more to baiting the Poms than strict
accuracy, as there's blue sky in two of the pictures.

--
Dave

not-me should be djw001 and there's no need for any wossname