Old March 9th 15, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

Default 300lb (130kg) pilot

On Monday, March 9, 2015 at 2:39:39 PM UTC+13, Bill T wrote:
Bruce, I've had tall pilots in the 2-33. Their knees are higher, they cannot get full aileron deflection without lifting a foot off the rudder pedal so they can put the stick under their knee. I'm 210# and the back stick will touch the seat belt buckle in the back seat. I can only imagine if the 300# can even sit into the front seat bucket, that the stick cannot be pulled full back.
BillT

Perhaps fortunately, I have never had the pleasure of flying, or even being in proximity to, a 2-33. I'm pretty sure there have never been any in this country, and back when I started in gliding everyone was training in either Blanik or Ka7/ASK13, all of which I've flown multiple times over the years. Now virtually everyone is training students in glass (my club has been for over 20 years, Grobs then DGs).