Old September 10th 03, 01:08 AM
Mike Borgelt

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:00:25 -0700, "Marc Ramsey"
wrote:

Having owned a B and flown a C a few times, I'd say that, at best, the C
handles slightly better than the B. The C is a bit more stable in the roll
axis (particularly at thermalling speeds), and requires less control force
in roll. Ptich and yaw stability are pretty much the same. The C is
probably easier to land for the uninitiated, but can't match the Bs
outstanding short field landing capability.

Marc

I own a C model with A fuselage and have flown several A and B models.

The C model has 3 degrees of dihedral and vs 2 degrees on the A and B
and is more stable in roll at thermalling speeds particularly with the
17.6 meter tips.
The full span flaperons on the C generate much less adverse yaw than
the ailerons on the B greatly reducing workload in turbulent air.

The top surface drives for the flaperons on the C model dramatically
reduce friction and improve linearity in the aileron control circuit
compared to the half baked Schempp excuse for an attempt at the
Glasflugel skew bar drive in the A and B model. With careful
maintenance that friction can be controlled. Winglets on the A or B
(15m) seem to improve aileron handling dramatically. The last A model
I flew had them and was quite pleasant compared to the other A and B
models I've flown.

Mike Borgelt