Old February 18th 04, 02:31 AM
Ventus B

Default TURBULATOR TAPE ON VENTUS B

All,
My Ventus B has dimple tape on the underside of each wing very far
aft, and just ahead of the leading edge of the flaps/ailerons. My
question is, does this sound like the right location? Isn't this way
too far aft? All other gliders with turbulator tape I've seen have it
installed about 2/3-3/4 aft of the leading edge; not immediately in
front of the control surfaces. Also, does anyone know if there is a
preference for the Ventus B as far as whether dimple tape or zig-zag
tape is better? Or is no tape the best solution? How about
turbulator tape on the stabilizer and rudder for the Ventus B?
I apologize in advance if this has already been beat to death for this
glider.