Old December 20th 04, 09:10 AM
John Kimmel

Those "air bearings" probably work well on a stationary generator, but
I'll bet they bottom out with any bumps or gyro forces. Speaking of
micro turbines, I read an article somewhere about a new gas turbine
being developed to power cell phones. There may yet be a future for
affordable gas turbine powerplants for aircraft--how long before someone
comes up with a gas turbine electric hybrid car?

Shin Gou wrote:

I googled, but there's not much infor. about converting the turbine in
the microturbine generator for aircraft use. So I am tossing my idea
here. The Capstone's microturbine generator looks very neat. The
generator has 60kw output, and the turbine itself should have higher
output, enough for a two-seater and it's light,very light.
http://www.capstoneturbine.com/
So how do you think about the idea?

Thank you.

Shin

--
John Kimmel

GET YER STINKING PAWS OFF ME YOU DAMN DIRTY APE!