Old August 21st 03, 04:42 PM
Gig Giacona

Is the Helicycle legit or is it another Mini-500. I was looking at the web
site and can't find a think about building methods or cost. At list DF said
how much the Mini cost.

"Jim" wrote in message ...
Bill, seventy turbines have been shipped to the customers of Helicycle

just
last week. They are modified by BJ just for the Helicycle. It is the
standard engine now.

Jim

"Badwater Bill" wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 00:04:00 GMT, "Blueskies" wrote:

How many GPH for fuel flow at 150 hp? The Helicycle I saw last weekend

burned 10 GPH, and the engine is derated to 105
hp...

Dan: What do you mean? Does someone have a gas turbine on a
helicycle?

To answer your question, I think that Solar turbine burns about 15
gal/hr. I'm not sure. The BSFC (pounds of fuel burned per hour per
horsepower) Brake Specific Fuel Consumption for the turbine is much
higher than for the internal combustion engine. Hell, the Jet Ranger
I fly burns 20 gal/hr at idle on the ramp and 30 gal/hr at full power.
It's because you have to run that damn compressor at idle just to get
the engine to run.

Kind of a funny engine in a way. Burns 2/3 the fuel it uses at full
power just to idle.

BWB