Old February 27th 05, 03:34 PM
Murmur

"Top Spin" ha scritto nel messaggio
My grandson will be 8 in a month. He loves airplanes. He is also
pretty good on the computer. I was thinking of getting him a copy of
FS for his birthday, but after lurking on this ng for a few days, I am
concerned that the game is too complicated for an 8 year old.

I would appreciate any opinions on the appropriateness of FS for an 8
year old boy. If FS is not a good choice, I would appreciate
suggestions for other games involving ariplanes that would be.

Well actually I don't think it's ever too early to begin PC Flying if
there's love for flying ;-)
After all, FS can be enjoyed even without exploiting it to the most complex
features.

Often children prefer combat flying to general aviation, e.g. Pacific
Fighters or Combat Flight Simulator 3, but I don't know if this is the case.
Try to find out.

Anyway, you love or hate Flight Simulations. If he'll love it, he'll be
forever grateful to you. :-)