Old September 7th 08, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default E-mail Failure

On Sep 7, 5:26*am, Stealth Pilot
wrote:

I looked up your condition in my medical reference....

Medical references usually come in two flavors, one intended for
physicians, which describes the drugs & dosages needed to treat a
particular malady, and another that describes the NURSING
requirements. You don't see a lot of the latter because people with
multiple myeloma tend to die off pretty fast. But with regard to the
NURSING aspects of those who don't, describing us as cast-iron
*******s is being kind. The drugs most effective against tumors tend
to be poisons. While they nibble away at the tumor they are also
known for altering your emotional state, This leads to a Catch-22
situation where you tend to alienate those who are trying to help you.

With only one tumor's-worth of experience, I've no easy answers with
regard to my treatment but I know for damn sure I'd be a lot easier
to live with -- and to treat -- if I were capable of doing useful
work.

-Bob