Old September 6th 04, 04:04 AM
Dudley Henriques

"Michael Wise" wrote in message

It's hard to understand when the question isn't answered leaving

nothing
to understand.

Whatever this means :-)

It probably would have been simpler to just answer the damn question
initially instead demanding people guess your reasoning.

I don't "demand" that people "guess" my reasoning in any post I make on
Usenet. I don't give a rat's ass who reads what into any reasoning I
might or might not have. Opinion is opinion on Usenet. I don't have to
justify my opinion to you any more than you have to justify yours to me.
There are people out here who will agree with what a particular person
has to say, and most certainly those who won't. I'm not in a popularity
context out here. I say what I want to say for the reasons I have in
saying it. The responses will be both pro and con at any given time on
any given topic.
If you're looking for a detailed account for the reasoning behind
everything someone says out here you're going to become very frustrated.
In this case, the man was pushing crash video outside the boundries of
what I (obviously from my cogent comment) consider to be in bad taste.
My reaction to that was a simple one line comment that expressed my
displeasure. "I detest people like you". It really doesn't take any
intelligence to ascertain that I don't like this person. That's all you
need to know. My reasons for disliking him are personal to me. You can
of course comment as you have, expressing whatever countering opinion
you choose. But don't sit there and tell me that I owe YOU an
explanation for the comments I make on Usenet. You've noted your opinion
as I've made my comment. That's all there is pal. Welcome to Usenet!
Now, that being said, had you come back at me with a post I felt was a
neutral request for additional information on my reasoning, I would have
more than glad to enter into an intelligent discourse with you and go
much deeper into that reasoning; but you didn't. This "I'll ask you a
second time" crap is better used on someone else. No hard feelings old
buddy, but I just don't respond to this approach! No biggie really, and
since we already know from this type of approach that you have some
"issues" with any reasoning I might have, why bother? :-)
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/ CFI Retired

For personal email, please
replace the at with what goes there and
take out the Z's please!
dhenriquesZatZearthZlinkZdotZnet

P.S. Do you have any issues with hobbyists filming airshows for
thrill-seeking prurient reasons when the content does not contain a
crash?