Old April 19th 05, 12:45 AM
Gary Knutson

The article is available on their website under the Feb issue. An
excellent read! IMO

Gary

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

On 17 Apr 2005 15:53:48 -0700, wrote:

Kevin
Still working on the pics. Also reminded that I did an article for
HelicopterMonthly.com in the Feb issue on ag work and it has one shot
of me sitting on a truck with the Hiller 12E. My older computer has all
the pics on the HD and I'm having a hard time transfering them to the
new one.

I'm sure we've got that issue floatying around the shop here. I'll
look for it once I finish up this wiring harness....

Good luck with your new school and I'd imagine you are going to
progress much more quickly. The old guys like me have a wealth of tips
and practical stuff that only comes with time and often we don't think
of them until the situation comes along that triggers the memory. Also
don't have much patience with pilots/students who aren't ready for a
flight lesson or who don't study in between flights.

Lack of motivation was another factor in my leaving the old school.
The instrument class was ridiculously unorganized and the cough
syllabus jumped around like an epileptic on crack. Not the
instructor's fault, the school's fault as they selected the syllabus -
which follows a book you can't even GET anymore. I've purchased the
Jepp DVDs and have been wathing them for at least an hour a night
since I got 'em. They're a great way to fall asleep when you're not
tired. hehehe

Have fun and enjoy
yourself. I haven't made any approaches in the SAN area since about
1985-86 when I was flying a corporate Merlin II based in SNA.

I'm gonna. Just met my new instructor a few minutes ago. Very nice
guy and he already gave me some "homework" to take care of before our
1st flight on 5/7. Yeah, it's a bit of a hiatus, but I'm going to try
and get the chief pilot to get my checked out on their 22s so I can
knock out some X-country time before then.