Old July 9th 03, 10:33 AM
Cub Driver

Default GARMIN 196 QUESTION

My guess is that there is something wrong with the unit. Certainly not
my experience with the Garmin III+. Prior to that, I used my
daughter's Garmin handheld, and it was painfully slow to acquire, and
prone to losing signal. The difference between the units is night &
day. Can you return it for another?

Hi, I just bought the Garmin 196 and I really think its great.. only problem
I seem to have is satellite aquisition times and if any at all. I have
turned it on in various locations and sometimes receive no aquisition at
all, and sometimes I immediatly get it. I even turned it on in flight to no
avail..

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: www.danford.net/letters.htm#9

see the Warbird's Forum at http://www.danford.net/index.htm
Vietnam | Flying Tigers | Pacific War | Brewster Buffalo | Piper Cub