Old July 6th 13, 01:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bug Dout

Default Used aero engines: Good idea for homebuilders?

"Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat and Body Roll Bros Suspension Works"
writes:

On 6/17/13 2:33 AM, David E. Powell wrote:
As abandoned or damaged aircraft are out there, are used engines
coming down in price? Picking what one to use and getting an idea of
how it was used are big, obviously.

Me thinks go water cooled for used. Should have held up a bit better
than air cooled radials.

What radials? The OP is asking about the usual horizontally-opposed
air-cooled engines, Lycomings or Continentals.

All I know is that used aircraft prices generally remain dismal, so I
assume used engines prices remain low too. Look in Trade-a-Plan or
Barnstormers. As to quality, beats me, that's why I got a new engine for
my RV-9A.

--
The map is not the territory.
--Alfred Korzybski