Old July 22nd 16, 01:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn Simon[_2_]

Default Senate and House have Approved Third-Class Medical Reform

On 7/21/2016 6:51 PM, Larry Dighera wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 16:53:38 -0400, Vaughn Simon wrote:

On 7/21/2016 3:49 PM, Larry Dighera wrote:
Here's a case in point:

http://www.ntsb.gov/_layouts/ntsb.av...6-17b4751406da
National Transportation Safety Board Washington, DC 20594

OK, but what exactly IS your point?

Jim caught it. :-)

That pilot apparently had a valid medical certificate, which did NOTHING
to prevent the accident, because a cursory one-time physical exam simply
has little chance of predicting a sudden incapacitation event.

See. You got it too.

Excuse my confusion here, but weren't you the person who wrote:
"Personally, I thought the medical requirements were prudent and
acceptable, but then I'm healthy."???

You said "prudent and acceptable", I say ineffective, unacceptable, and
in some cases, actually counterproductive.

Vaughn